Thursday, January 22, 2015

We Are Not The Poem
          In this short story, I read a quote that meant something to me. It said "At any point, we can step out of our frozen selves and our ideas and begin fresh. That is how writing is. Instead of freezing us, it frees us." I found that interesting because I don't normally like to write just to write. I'll write if it's for homework or work. I just don't see myself writing for a hobby. I'm not very creative with words.
          I also found this inspiring. It was inspiring to me, because like I said before I'm not a writer. But this quote inspired something in me to just write. It made me want to sit down and start writing whatever came to mind. It was also inspiring because, it says it frees us, and to me that means that when you write, you can write about whatever you want to write about. 
            I found this whole story inspiring. The author gave good advice. She also gave words of wisdom and gave each reader a reason to start writing. I know after I read it, I just wanted to start writing.  

1 comment: