Thursday, February 19, 2015

Reading Response
      In the short story "Wallet" it had good detail in the words. I like the short story because I thought it was funny and realistic at the same time. I know it's it fiction but the way the author uses their words and the details, it seems like it could be something that happens. I found this story to be funny because it has an old man as the main character and he, to me, is a trickster. I like the fact that this is a short story and it still has great detail in the wording. 
      The detail in this story is important because it helps the reader understand and visualize what the author is saying. For instance the man put losing Florida Lottery tickets, expired coupons and a fortune cookie that isn't really fortunate in a phony wallet. I also liked that the man was old and he ran away when someone tried giving him his wallet back. I thought that was funny and comical. 
     In this short story, I gathered that an old man was getting tired of getting pick pocketed and he finally had an idea to catch the thief. When he followed through with his plan, it kind of fails him. Like when he bends over and the thief takes the wallet. Then people chase down the pick pocket and get the man's wallet back, then the man is embarrassed because it's a phony wallet with stuff in it that no one would carry in a wallet. Then at the end of the story, the man and his grandson drive off laughing. I thought that was irony and comical. I would recommend this short story to anyone who is looking at reading something just to read. It's short, simple, and easy to understand and comprehend. 

1 comment:

  1. Nice work on the responses the past few weeks... keep going!

    ReplyDelete