Thursday, March 5, 2015

Reading Response
     In the short-story "The Girl with the Blackened Eye", I found it full of detail. The author used great detail in her words and language. The detail made me feel like i could picture the girl. I felt like I could actually see her and the wounds that she suffered. Like when the author said "This black eye I had, once! Like a clown's eye painted on." I could picture a clown with black painted eyes. Also the detail makes the story more suspenseful and enjoyable. Without the details I don't think this story would be very good. 
     Also in this story, her word choice is awesome. I don't think I've ever read a short-story with great word choice and great detail. The story made me feel like I was hovering the main character watching everything that was happening in the story. "The Girl with the Blackened Eye" was a great example of a short-story. I think it's a great example because, it shows the readers how important details are and how important the word choice and language is. I had no idea how important this stuff was until I read this story. 
     All in all, this story is a good story to read if someone has 10 minutes. It's very suspenseful and it keeps you on the edge of your seat the whole time. It keeps you guessing about what's going to happen next. Usually I would stop reading stories after the first two pages if I didn't find it interesting. But this story made me read more. It drug me in and I like that about stories. The first sentence itself drew me in. 

-Colton Ryder

No comments:

Post a Comment