Thursday, February 5, 2015

Tocquevill Reading Response
   In the poem "Tocqueville" I found it very interesting. I thought it was the most detailed poem I have ever read. It had great details in words that I could actually picture everything that was said. Some of it was brutal and not pleasant, but it was still detailed and I liked it. I don't normally like to just read poems, but this one, I read more than once. It caught my attention right after I read the first few lines. Also the story behind it was eye catching in my opinion. It wasn't a very pleasant or happy story, but like I said it was still eye catching with everything that happened and all the detail that was used. 
   I also found this poem to be interesting because of the length of it. I don't think I ever read a poem that was as long as "Tocqueville." That's another reason why I wanted to read it. Maybe because I don't like poems, but when I was looking through this one, it seemed more of a story to me. And I would much rather read a story than a poem. I am also interested in military and what's happening over seas. This poem explains some of it and it's very detailed with the wording and the structure of it. 
    This poem is by far my favorite poem out of all of the other poems' I have read. It catches the reader's eye and after the first few lines, it kind of "sucks you in." Meaning you don't want to stop reading it, and in my case I wanted to read it over and over. Like I said, this poem is like a story and I like that about poems. I would rather spend my time reading stories rather than poems. I feel like everyone would enjoy this poem and I highly encourage readers' to read this poem. 

1 comment:

  1. Ok, good... say more specifically and include some more examples...

    ReplyDelete